Monday, September 23, 2013

Transfer 5 Semaine 1 9/16/13


Dear family and friends,

Good news!!! A new transfer has begun, and I get one more in Blois! I don't know why, but I was pretty nervous that I was going to have to leave, but I am happy to say that I get to stay.:) Truly, there is more for Soeur Mangum and I to do here together, and I am so grateful to be able to start strong. In the immediate future, we are looking forward to Jennyfer's baptism on the 29th. She is ready and continuously progressing towards that date.:) Getting to spend so much time with her is so much fun! It's like we've known each other for years and years. I love her so much.

Yesterday, we had the biggest blessing to go to a conference where Elder Oaks spoke. Although we didnt get to have a special conference with just the missionaries, the meeting we had yesterday was all in celebration for the new stake in France that was just created. Pretty historic day! In France, there are no longer any districts, only stakes.:) And the new stake president who was chosen to preside is actually a memeber of the branch here in Blois named Frère Liebard. He is an incredible incredible man, and I have been so blessed to be able to rub shoulders with him and his family. Hearing him speak yesterday, along with Elder Oaks, was such a treat, and I know that Frère Liebard was chosen of God to lead this new stake.

This week, we were also able to celebrate attaining the goal the missionaries set as a mission. Two transfers ago, to celebrate the welcoming of Elder Oaks, the mission set a goal to have 100 baptisms. It took a lot of prayers and a lot of work, but this weekend Président Poznanski announced that, in two transfers, the mission as a whole had 115 convert baptisms. We are all thrilled.:) I am so grateful to have been a part of this effort and for the continuing efforts there are here by the missionaries and our leaders here in Paris. The work sure is going full speed ahead here, and it is such a joy. Look forward to hearing more miracles!!!:)

Also, this week, Président announced to us that the temple grounds in France have officially commenced! It is going to take a while for the temple to be built-no earlier than the end of 2015-but it has begun.:) Elder Oaks talked all about the temple in his address yesterday, and he cheerfully announced that the temple is ready to be build because the French members are ready to fill it with the Lord's work. What a blessing it is to announce all of these French miracles!!!:)

Soeur Mangum and I are busy and anxious to continue working here this week and this transfer. We know that there are many more people out there who are ready to accept the message that we have. We've set apart a lot of time this week to find, and we hope and pray that those we have already contacted and those we are yet to contact will accept that which we have to share.

This morning, I again had the opportunity to finish the Book of Mormon, and it was such an incredible testimony building experience. As I read through the last pages, I was awed at the strong witness of Moroni about Jesus Christ and desire to have the same conviction. In the first chapter of Moroni, he describes how the Lamanites put to death all the Nephites that would not deny the Christ, yet he said, "I, Moroni, will not deny the Christ." Are we able to say the same? Let's reflect upon the testimony we have, of the covenants we have made, so that we can have this conviction. I can personally bear witness of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I know that it is the word of God, that it pushes man to do good, and that every man will draw nearer to God by reading and abiding by its teachings. I know that Moroni's promise is a promise of God. We can all know, by the power of the Holy Ghost, that it is true. Read it. Pray about it. It is true. This witness and this testimony I am sure of. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to help, and always, always remember to smile.:)

I love you with all of my heart,

Soeur Laura Lee Judd

P.S. I got to see Soeur Anderson and Alexandra at the conference yesterday. Sorry it is not that great of a picture...but it was the best day of my life!!!!!!!!!!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment