Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Teaching at the TRC 3/12/13

Dear friends and family,

Thank you so much for all of the messages, pictures, and DearElders!!! I think I got all of the DearElders that were sent this past week, and they were all awesome! Thank you thank you so much! I loved pictures too! Wow April thank you so much! And Happy Birthday to you and to little Turner! I love you both so much! April, thank you so much for your sweet letter. You are so kind and genuine to me. I would love to write you! but sadly I cannot until next week. Could you perhaps send me your home address? Thank you! And it looks like y'all are having so much fun down at Spring Training! and India! and Australia! and Guatemala! Wow family, you are all doing so many fun things and you are all making the world a better place-no matter where you are. I love you all so much!

Well things here at the MTC are still going great! Wow I am so incredibly happy. This week I taught at the TRC for the first time, and it was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had in my life. Basically, the TRC is like a home teaching or visiting teaching lesson, so it's with a member of the church, but it's all in French! Cool, huh? Anyways, one of the girls we taught was named Shyanne, and she is 18 years old and fluent in French. Sister Johns and I planned a whole lesson, but felt the Spirit telling us to talk more directly to Shyanne and to tell her that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love her. I got pretty emotional during the lesson, and I felt so blessed to be the way Heavenly Father chose to express His love to Shyanne that day. I bear testimony that Heavenly Father loves all of us, for we are all His children. He wants nothing more than for us to live with Him again, and that has been made possible through the love and mercy of Jesus Christ. Throught the Atonement of Jesus Christ, as we exercise its power everyday, will teach us and help us grow. If you are having any doubts or fears or self-consciousness in your life, pray and ask Heavenly Father to comfort you, and I know it will be wiped away through the power of the Atonement. I know the power of the Atonement is real, and I have used it many many times, even in my first weeks here in the MTC. The Lord loves you, and I urge you to pray and try to better understand that love He has more fully.

Well I am sorry I do not have more time to write. Pday is awesome! but it's still run by a clock.:) haha. Oh! I forgot to mention that there is a teacher here at the MTC named Frere Wilcox who was in the same ward with Annie at Lanai for a couple years, and he has taught me class a couple times! He told me that he called and talked to Annie a little bit, and that was way fun for me to hear! He is awesome! Frere Wilcox is the coolest. So maybe he told Annie some more stuff about my district or language or something that she can tell you more about.:) haha.

Anyways. I love you all with all of my heart! Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to help, and always remember to smile.:)

Je vous aime, Soeur Laura Lee Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment