Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I love my life!!! 3/19/13

Dear family and friends,

I always thought that every missionary who said they cannot believe another week has passed since they last emailed was just kidding, but it is totally true! haha! As usual, though, there is so much to say and so little time. But I will try my best to get everything in that I can.

We taught two twenty minutes in the TRC again this week, and it was an incredible experience. We taught the members a lesson about the Holy Ghost and the importance it is to always be worthy of the Spirit because we never know when the Lord will communicate with us. I felt really strongly again this week to bear my testimony to the members about the love that Heavenly Father has for them. I know that God loves all of His children. He has given us all that we have, and He has so many blessings in His pocket that He wants to give to us. He is not just going to give us those blessings, however. Instead, we need to work hard and be obedient to all of the commandments He has given us. I have found this to be so true as I have been studying here in the MTC. Everyone recieves blessings here, but it is so interesting to see the miracles that come to those who are obedient with exactness. This week, reevaluate the dedication you have in keeping the Lords commandments, and strive to follow the example of Jesus Christ more perfectly. I know that because this is a righteous decision, the Lord will help you achieve what you desire.

Another great experience that happened this week took me by surprise!!!! Each missionary is given a sacrament meeting topic every week, and throughout the week we are supposed to prepare a talk in our language that helps us learn to focus our study time and so we can use sometime throughout our missions. Every Sunday, though, the branch president, just after sacrament finishes, announces which two missionaries in the zone will address the rest during sacrament meeting. Haha so guess what?! I got chosen to speak! Oh my I was so nervous!!! But to my surprise, I was able to stand in front of forty other French speaking missionaries and deliver a talk...in French.:) It was the most incredible experience, and even though my legs were shaking so so bad! I felt the power of the Holy Ghost speak through me. French is a beautiful language, and it's incredible to see how much I am learning in such a short amount of time, but it was such an increadible and humbling experience to feel Him working through me, strenghtening me and strengthening the other missionaries I serve with.

Before I lay down every night I am so overwhelmed with gratitude to the Lord for all I have been given. Having a knowledge and a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the best gift I have ever been given. I am filled with joy every minute of every day, and I just cannot stop smiling. I am so humbled to be called as the Lord's servant, set apart to proclaim this Gospel to those who have not yet had the opportunity to hear it. I am so grateful for the time I have now to prepare at the MTC, and I know that one I leave there is nothing or no one who will keep me from proclaiming these things to the people of France. As my family and friends, I want you to know that I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's true church upon the earth, and I know that it is lead by Jesus Christ. I know the Savior lives, that He loves me, and He loves you. I know that the power of the Holy Ghost is real, and He works though us as a testament of the Lord Jesus Christ. If you do not know these things are true for yourself, I invite you to kneel and ask, in the name of Jesus Christ, if these things are not true. I testify that as you are humble and willing to obey Him, He will manifest the truth of these things unto you. I bear this testimony to you, without a shadow of a doubt, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Rember to be a light. There is someone somewhere who needs your help. Pray for guidance to know where to find them. And always remember to smile.:)

I love you with all of my heart, Sister Laura Lee Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment