Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Transfer 11 Semaine 2 6/2/14


Dear family and friends, 

This week was pretty bitter sweet... I went to Paris to drop off Soeur Gordon (who was transfered to Lorient) and picked up my new companion, Soeur Trautman. I feel as though I say this with every companion...only because it is TRUE!!!:)...but I feel as though I have known Soeur Trautman my entire life! We get along so well and I love so dearly her already. Soeur Trautman is from Idaho and is just beginning her fourth transfer (she served her first three in Belgium), yet she already speaks French like a champ and is an incredible missioinary. One of my favorite things about Soeur Trautman is that she is always smiling.:) Although two little blond girls look a little strange walking around Mulhouse, no one ever doubts that we are two HAPPY little blond girls walking around Mulhouse.:) 

I am so excited for Jessica and Drew today! My thoughts and prayers are with you.:) Also, congratulations to Alicia for recieving her mission call! Spain!!! I can hardly believe it.:) My our family is sure blessed.:) 

All of our amis are doing well. I wish I had more time to explain, but I'd ask that you would please keep Isa and Luc in your prayers this week. Their baptism was originally fixed for this weekend, but it will be postponed for a later date. Please pray that we may fix a new date and that they will recieve the witness and testimony they desire. 

This morning I recieved the Ensign for this past General Conference, and I have hardly been able to put it down! I love re-reading the talks, remembering the good counsel given by our leaders, and then trying to apply what I've learned. I invite you all to do the same! Today I read the talk given by Elder Hales called "If Ye Love Me, Keep My Commandments" and was really touched when he said, "Obedience makes us progressively stronger, capable of faithfully enduring tests and trials in the future." May each of us resolve to be more obedient to EVERY commandment given by the Lord; they are not given so that we may pick and choose which we want to obey. Every commandment has eternal consequences.   

Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to help and always, always remember to smile.:) 

I love you with all of my heart, Soeur Laura Lee Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment