Monday, March 3, 2014

Transfer 9 Semaine 1 3/3/14


3/2/14

Dear family and friends, 

Transfer news came out today and the greatest news ever!!!!! I am staying in Versailles with Soeur Barton!!! We couldnt be happier, we have been praying for this haha. I am very blessed. It is a huge relief to know that we get 6 more weeks together. 

This week was really great. The Assistants' ami, Robin, was baptized, and it was wonderful. It was the greatest baptism I have ever been to and he is seriously going to be the next bishop of our ward haha. Robin asked Soeur Barton and I to perform a musical number, and we chose "Nearer My God To Thee". Soeur Barton made up a beautiful arrangement on the piano, and I sang. It was really special, and the whole baptism was a really spiritual experience. I am very happy for him. 

This week we did a lot of service. It was really rewarding. There is a lady in our ward named Jacqueline and she is a less active who has recently made the change to come back to church. She is half French/half Peruvian. She was moving appartments so we were able to help her clean out her old apartment and help her move in to her new one! It was really great and she was really thankful. Her line of work is Haute Couture, I am not even kidding. She has worked for Dior, Chanel, Valentino and a bunch of other BIG brands. She told us stories of how she would have to fly to England on some celebrities private jet with dress options because the celebrity was having a last minute clothing crisis. She had met sooo many celebrities and royalty. She has racks and racks of designer clothes that we helped her move that she doesnt even wear haha. Apparently she got so into her job and that world that she totally left the church and she married this guy and she became really anorexic too. I dont know what sparked it but she had this huge change of mind/life and she is getting a divorce, she quite her job, and she moved and she came back to church. She is one of the most interesting people I have ever met on my mission. She is The Devil Wears Prada in real life. Talking to her was really inspiring because she has really come to understand what matters most in life. 

This week we also had a cool experience with a girl named Haipo. She is from China and she is precious. She was found by the Mandarin speaking Elders in Paris but she lives in our area and she speaks perfect French so we are teaching her now. She is a single mom and her daughter, Léana, is really cute. She works at the Galleries Lafayette selling watches. (this week was my week of fashion I guess haha welcome to Paris!) We had a lesson with her and she said that she feels like she gets up every day and goes to work for no reason and she never thinks about God and she doesnt feel loved and she is sad. It was really sad and we really wanted to help her! We invited her to church and then left early on Sunday morning so we could go to church with her. She was very impressed with the Primary and she said that it was her big wish that her daughter will want to come back! I know she will. But the thing that struck me the most was when she said "I never realized how important the family is. I didnt grow up like that and I now I see what I have missed out on while growing up". It was really sad but at the same time really inspiring because she could tell just from being at church how important the family is. I really love her! And it was great because she talked with Jacqueline and they talked all about their line of work and how its so hard and Jacqueline told her that coming to church is the best way to stay grounded and to be happy and feel loved! 

I feel as though I need to say again just how excited I am to stay in Versailles!!!! Soeur Barton is just a delight, and we are so excited to have uninterupted time to serve together. I love her dearly. 

Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to help, and always, always remember to smile.:) 

I love you with all of my heart. 

Soeur Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment