Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Transfer 7 Semaine 2 12/17/13


Dear family and friends, 


Forgive the day of delay! Yesterday I didnt take my P-day because we had our giant Christmas conference!:) Since the mission is so big now, we had to split the conference up into four different groups in order to cater to all 250 missionaries! and my group was up first.:) It was such an incredible learning experience, and being all together truly unified the spirit and vision of the mission. I am so especially grateful for my mission president and his wife. They are incredible. I have no clue how they do all they do. They are and forever will be some of the greatest examples and friends I will ever have. Please keep them in your prayers of gratitude and blessing. 

This first week in Versailles has wizzed by! Although I am the new one in town, I love it already and am so grateful for those whom with I serve. Since I have arrived, Soeur Stahly and I have met with several inactive members: Nadege, la famille Staikovsky, Joyce, and Laurie. Each of them are so sweet, and I am so filled with the love Heavenly Father has for them. Laurie, in particular, was a special miracle. Just before I came to Versailles, she had contacted the sisters to ask for a copy of the Liahona, and when we visited her to deliver it, we were happy to hear of all of the the experiences she has had that have pushed her to turn, once more, to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Laurie was baptised 20 years ago when she was 19 years old and just soared as a new convert. A year after her baptism, she went through the temple to make additional covenants and helped many others around her to accept the Gospel into their lives. When she got married, however, her husbands pessimism really took a toll, and since about the age of 25, she has been completely inactive. She met with the missionaries for years, on and off, but always pushed them away because of the guilt she felt. A couple weeks ago, though, at her grandmother's funeral, she felt the Spirit confirm to her the importance of performing temple work for deceased members of our families. She felt as though her granndma has desires for this work to be done. So, as a result, she contacted the missionaries, began again to read in the Book of Mormon, and is taking other necessary steps that she needs in order to enter the temple of the Lord. What a blessing she will be to those in her family who are anxiously waiting, and what an incredible blessing Laurie is to each of us! Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, especially this week, as we will meet with her again at the end of the week. 

Since my arrival, I have also been able to meet with serveral investigators: Marguerite, Marylline, and Luce. Each of these women are outstanding, and are coming closer in their decisions to be baptized. Please pray for them so they may be able to feel the Spirit tell them the importance it is to make this covenant with God. 

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I feel so much of your love.:) 

Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to help and always, always remember to smile.:) 

I love you with all of my heart.:) 

Soeur Laura Lee Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment