Monday, December 9, 2013

Transfer 7 Semaine 1 12/9/13


Dear family and friends,

Another transfer is over, and I can hardly believe it!!! Goodness! Time flies when you are having fun.:) Sadly, we all know that at the end of each transfer comes changes....and although I am sad to have recieved the news that I will be leaving Blois, I am so happy to announce that my next area will be VERSAILLES!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you read it right.:) I am moving to Versailles.:) My new companion's name is Soeur Stahley, and I am so grateful to be able to serve with her.:) She and I were in the same district when I was in Angers, and, before they had Sister Trainer Leaders (back in the dark ages...:) haha) I acually was so lucky to be able to go on my first exchange with Soeur Stahley in Cholet. She is a really incredible missionary, and I am so grateful to be able to spend this next transfer with her.:)

This week (I am so happy to tell you this) we were finally able to organize lessons with the Velija family and the assistants serving in the Adriatic South Mission! I have been praying for months and months for the Velijas to have a way to hear the Gospel in their own language, and I am so grateful to have been able to see that become a reality. Although I wasnt able to understand even the least bit of Albanian, the Spirit in the room was so strong, and the Velijas, already, are progressing so quickly. Now that they will be able to have each lesson from here on out in Albanian, we are not too involved in the teaching process anymore, but it is still quite a treat to be cheering at the sidelines and watching the Lord do His work.:) I know that the Lord answeres prayers. Please continue to keep the family Velija in your prayers. Although I may not be able to keep you very updated about their detailed progression because I will no longer be in Blois, I will let you know all that I find out about them in the future.:)

Ending a transfer and finishing time in an area sure causes a lot of reflection...and today I have been thinking so much about what I have learned and how I have grown since I have come to Blois. I am so happy to be able to say that the greatest lesson I have learned, and will continue to learn, is how to use the Atonement and to lean on the Savior for help and support. I know that He lives! There is no possible way I could ever perform the work He has laid out for us without His help. He is with us every step of the way. I know it.

Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to help and always, always remember to smile.:)

I love you with all of my heart.:)

Soeur Laura Lee Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment