Saturday, June 22, 2013

Zone conference 6/17/13


Dear family and friends, 

Wow this week was full of incredible experiences. I am so excited to tell you all about it! 

We got to have a giant Zone Conference this week, and it was so great to be able to see so many of my friends from the MTC and from last transfer. And of course it was such a treat to see President and Soeur Poznanski. The discourses and thoughts that they shared with us were so inspired, and every question or doubt that I had going into the conference was addressed. Sister Anderson and I kept looking over at each other throughout the meetings with tears in our eyes and smiling at each answer we recieved to our prayers. I am so blessed to serve as a missionary under the guidance of President and his wife. I look up to each of them as some of the greatest role models in my life, and I hope to lead a life similar to theirs. 

Sister Anderson and I had so many incredible opportunities to teach this week, and we have been so blessed! In our Zone Conference we were taught to follow a pattern of finding where we visit a family in our ward, pray with them, and then contact and knock doors right around their neighborhood. As we followed this counsel, we were blessed more than ever before. Doors were opened and hearts were softened. It was an incredible spiritually building experience for both us as missionaries and for the members that we visited. 

For the past couple of weeks we have had so many incredible experiences teaching Alexandra. She has been so faithful and commited through this entire process, and her willingness to obey all of God's commandments has been an incredible thing to witness. Although she knew the importance of keeping the Sabbath Day holy, the hardest thing for her up to this point was being able to get work off for church. This past week, however, after the occassion to fast and pray, Alexandra was able to come to church with us yesterday. The Spirit in all of our meetings was so strong, and her face was lit up the entire time. Truly, truly, she is ready to enter into the covenant of baptism. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers this week. Pray that she will be able to have the Spirit with her and that Sister Anderson and I will be able to get everything pulled together for her. Her baptism will be this Sunday, just following our sacrament meeting. 

Thank you all so much for the support you give to me. I am so grateful for the strength I personally recieve and for the strength that those we teach recieve through your prayers. I know that this work is the Lord's. Every once in a while I lay down at night and think, "How am I doing this?" But really it is not me at all. It is the Lord. Through Him all things are possible. What a blessing it is for me to simply be a helper.:) 

I love you all with all of my heart. Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to serve. Always remember to smile.:) 

Soeur Laura Lee Judd


No comments:

Post a Comment