Friday, July 18, 2014

Transfer 12 Semaine 2 7/15/14


Dear family and friends, 

Happy Bastille Day and Happy Tour de France! Soeur Trautman and I had the time of our lives yesterday.:) I dont think life can get much better than this.:) 


This week was another beautiful week! I love everything about my mission, and I cherish every minute of it. 

Demila and Marthe came to church!!! and loved it.:) Each of them have been investigating the church for about four years, and Sunday was the first time they came to sacrament meeting. What a blessing it was to sit next to them and feel the Spirit with them. We were also happy to have had several other investigators with us on Sunday. Each of them spent some good quality time with member families and are all planning on coming again next week! I have such a strong testimony of church attendance, and I know that as these amis continue coming to church, they will better understand the Gospel in its restored form and desire to become a part of the church of Jesus Chist. Please keep them in your prayers. 

This week I came across this quote, and it has been ringing in my ears ever since : 
Jesus Chist not only came to atone for our sins; He also came to show us the way. He is the Way. You not only may become like Him; everything is stacked in your favor to become like Him" (Lawrence E. Corbridge). 

Isn't that beautiful? EVERYTHING is stacked in our favor to become like our Savior, Jesus Christ. What we need to do to realize this promise is keep His commandments. But we need not think we are alone in that effort! Jesus Christ gives us all the strength we need in order to follow Him. Let us not forget the common words of Nephi, "...I know the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he has commandeth them" (1 Nephi 3:7). This week, after praying with a new investigator, she looked at us with tears in her eyes and said, "I feel stronger having just heard His name." And so it may be for us. Call upon His holy name in faith, and I promise you strength to keep His commandments. As we continue in this manner, we will, one day, become like Him. 

Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to help and always, always remember to smile.:) 

I love you with all of my heart, Soeur Laura Lee Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment