Friday, August 2, 2013

Chris and Maria 7/29/13


Dear family and friends,

Wow I cannot believe I am almost through another transfer! Time is just flying out here, I can hardly believe it!

It is hot and it is humid, but I could never be happier.:)

Comedy Spotlight:

Comedy Spotlight just barely happened walking here to the library. On some bench in the middle of centre-ville with all sorts of tourists walking around, we saw some lady laying down on a hard wooden bench. Soeur Linton and I turned to each other with wide eyes and laughed. She was reallly out of place haha. Then, as we got closer to this lady, we realized that is was one of our amis, Patricia!!! haha. She looked so akward laying sideways like that...but she said her apartment was too hot to bear, so she had decided to come there and get some "fresh" air (as fresh as the air here can be right now). It was really funny talking to her laying down...he practically fell asleep as we were talking to her haha! Oh well. I'm glad she could get a nap at all!

I know that is not really a funny moment for y'all....but try to understand a missionary's humor and maybe you will understand why we seemed to think that was so funny.:) haha. I'll try to remember funny moment better.:) Sorry.

Culture Spotlight:

You know you're turning into a frenchie when you slip into boulangeries and eat baguettes as you are walking down the street. Haha. By the end of my mission I dont think I will even be able to have cultural moments anymore cause I feel like I will actually BE French.:) haha. This week we also got to see a couple of the churches around centre-ville, and they are all really incredible. I am still surprised that I had never heard of Blois before the mission! There are so many incredible landmarks here! It is France in a nutshell. I love it so much.

Food Spotlight:

Dominoes!!!!!!!!!!! for the first time in a long time I got to have some pizza!!!!!!! Man alive. I know that it is really lame to give a food spotlight of food that y'all can have anytime, but it was pretty ground breaking for me. I love America. I am so happy that greesy American pizza has finally made its way to Blois.:)

Investigator Spotlight:

This week we had a lot of good news from our amis! We get the chance to meet with each of them often, and they are progressing well. The greatest experiences from this week, though, were teaching Chris and Maria. Chris and Maria had met with the missionaries in the past, but somehow got lost between whitewashes and transfers previously made in Blois. However, Soeur Linton and I have been working with them since the begining of the transfer, and the changes we have seen in them have been absolutely incredible. This week, we reviewed some of the Restoration, namely the resoration of Priesthood authority, and this concept really clicked for them. The Spirit that accompanied us was just perfect, and in the midst of our conversation with them, Chris and Maria asked US when they could be baptized. I dont know how, but we were calmly able to communicate that there will be a service on the 31 of August. They formally accepted that invitation, and yesterday, they came to church as an entire family for the first time.:) It was incredible to see them all together and to feel the little bit of love for them that I know our Heavenly Father has for them. Although there is a lot to be done before their baptism, they have made the commitment, and I know that they know it is true. Please keep them and their two children in your prayers so that they will progress and that they will, together, enter into the waters of baptism on the 31st of August.

I am so incredilbly blessed for the opportunity that I have to see these miracles every day. I know that the Lord, Jesus Christ directs this work. I know He lives. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to testify of His love. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. More than ever before in my life, I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that is was translated by a living prophet named Joseph Smith. Read the book. I know that you can feel the same Spirit and know of a surety yourself.

Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to help. And always always remember to smile.:)

I love you with all of my heart.

Soeur Laura Lee Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment