Monday, July 1, 2013

Spotlights 7/1/13


Dear family and friends,

Well starting this week I am going to start writing emails in spotlight form! Sister Anderson wrote her emails this way, and it was really effective, so I am going to try it out! I hope it makes reading these emails a little more fun for y'all and that each week you begin to look forward to each spotlight. We'll see how it goes.:)

Cultural Spotlight: Well as you might know, I got transfered for the first time this week to a little city called Blois. (if you are American...it is pronounced kinda like BLUUUUAAAAHHHH haha). Blois acutally isnt too far from Angers, so the feeling around the city is fairly similar. There is a beautiful chateau a couple blocks away from our apartment, cobblestone streets, boquets of flowers in all the windows, and boulangeries on every corner.:) It is the stereotypical French town.:) It has been a little bit of a change because Blois is much smaller than Angers, but that makes for really smiley neighbors and lasting friendships. I love all the people already. We are only a couple blocks away from the Loire river, so it is pretty humid here, but I love it so much. I couldnt possibly be in a more beautiful place.  

Comedy Spotlight: Sister Linton and I are companions. Who knew that was gonna happen?:) haha. I love her so much!

Food Spotlight: Yesterday we ate at Branch President Brouillet's house, and it was the fanciest French meal I have eaten thus far! We had fresh tomatoes and mozerella, salmon and vegetables, and baguette with cheeses. President and his family are so great! and I loved getting to know them on my first Sunday in Blois. It will be quite a change from the huge ward in Angers, but I am so happy to be able to serve the members that are in our tiny, happy branch here.:)

Investigator Spotlight: Sister Linton and I have been able to do a lot of searching this past week, and we saw so many miracles! One afternoon we knocked on a door, and a young girl answered and said, "You're here to talk about Jesus Christ?" When we said yes, she let us right in and said, "My friend will talk to you all about Him." Within minutes, we were lost in conversation with her friend named Pierre about Jesus Christ and how prayer can bless our lives. He shared that he never grew up with a strong belief in Jesus Christ, but that he was searching for the truth. We then shared the story of the Restoration and introduced the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was so strong, and I knew that Pierre could feel it. He was so open and ready to accept all that we shared with him, and I am confident that Pierre will continue his search for truth by reading the Book of Mormon and praying to recieve personal revelation concerning its truthfulness. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to add my own personal witness to the testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it is true.
 
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord as a missionary. I sincerely know that this mission is exactly what I need to be doing to help the Lord's work press forward till it has penetrated all the earth. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's true church upon the earth and that Jesus Christ stands at the head. He has given us a living prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson to lead us and to reveal to us the will of the Lord. I know that the Lord also speaks to His children through personal revelation. As we pray and humbly search the scriptures, He will respond. I know that families can be together forever. Through the power of the Priesthood and of the temple, we are sealed together on earth and in heaven. I know we can be forgiven and strengthened through the loving sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He is the way. This is my testimony, and it is my hope that you all will sincrely knock and find a similar testimony.

Remember that you can make a difference, wherever you are. Find someone to serve. And always always remember to smile.:)

I love you with all of my heart.

Soeur Laura Lee Judd



No comments:

Post a Comment